Celtic Seahorse Saddle handbag from genuine leather
Kazakhsha Leather Art Studio
This listing is for beautiful and cute saddle bag with hand carved, tooled and painted Seahorse in Celtic style, that could be carried as the shoulder bag. This is made to order listing.
Unlined inside, robust and timeless design, lid closes with magnetic clasp, decorated with cute and pretty Celtic Seahorse design, 100% handmade of full grain vegetable tanned/genuine leather. Assembled with waxed thread and saddle stitching (stronger then machine stitching), it is very durable and will serve you for years.
Size is W22cm x H19cm x D6.5cm (bottom) with the strap is 95 cm long (can be done up to 110 cm if specific instruction is received).
The bag is very sweet and cute, you will enjoy it for years to come.
Seahorse Meaning and Symbolism
The symbolic meaning of seahorse is quite intricate and diverse as this little creature itself is full of surprises.
The seahorse is quite a unique creature, and thought to have mystical significance among the Ancient Greeks, European (alchemists) and Asians.
The Ancient Greeks and Romans believed the seahorse was an attribute of the sea god Neptune/Poseidon and as such, the seahorse was considered a symbol of strength and power.
Further, the ancient Eurpeans believed that the seahorse carried the souls of deceased sailors to the underworld - giving them safe passage and protection until they met their soul's destination.
Chinese cultures believed that the seahorse was a type of sea dragon, and as such they were revered for their power and thought to be symbols of good luck.
Sailors have long viewed the seahorse as a good luck charm too.
Symbolic meaning of Seahorses carry the following significances...
Symbolic Seahorse Meaning
A relatively calm, and mild-mannered creature, the seahorse is seemingly content to roam the seas. Their bodies are geared for ambling-type motion - not for speed. Thus, they are symbolic of patience and contentment - they are happy with being where they are, and are in no hurry for advancement.
Further testimony to these attributes is the lack of evolution of the seahorse's body style. They have remained with this body style without change since their inception.Content to be who they are, and not feeling the need to change - these are a few profound lessons the seahorse provides us.
However, along with a resistence to change, and a carefree approach to progress, the seahorse can be a symbol of inflexibilty or stubborness. To wit, the seahorse wraps its tail around the nearest object in order to anchor itself in turbulent waters. This is a lesson to be persistent in our goals, but be mindful that we are not too inflexible or stubborn in our achieving them.
Each person has varied reasons for choosing handmade leather goods, I will mention several for very obvious reasons:
1. We hand pick all our materials of best quality: - we only use high quality full grain vegetable tanned leather, every hide is hand picked and selected just for you. All handmade leather goods are of various kinds and styles are made from many different types of leather, however we use only locally sourced vegetable tanned leather hides of finest quality.
2. Best Finish, strong and durable design: - handmade leather goods are crafted from the best quality full grain veg tanned leather, you will receive great finish with stitches which you can rarely expect from mass produced leather items. Handmade leather goods from our studio will be durable and stronger than machine made leather goods. We spend a lot of time focusing on every detail, maintaining quality and best finished look.
3. Customization and personalization for any occasion: - the biggest benefit of bespoke handmade leather goods is the customization which is not available in factories. We can incorporate all the details you would like to see in your product and make it absolutely tailored to your specifications. You can also order personalization from us engraving your initials or image design.
4. Saving Money and fair prices: - buying high quality leather bag from us will help you to save in the long run because it will last a lifetime. Once you buy it, you can use it as long as you want. All our products are durable and if you take care of them they will serve you a life time. Also, we know the market well and price our hand labour fairly. There are lots of manufactures and craftsmen, who offer similar quality products at higher price. In order to be competitive we keep our prices affordable and fair. taking into consideration the quality of leather and hand labour.
5. Impressive, Timeless and Natural look: - high quality leather handmade goods are classics and you can never go wrong with them. They are made from naturally sourced materials and stylish. Many factories produce in large quantities with all same look without that special touch of uniqueness. You are welcome to browse our shop and find for yourself that some of our products could become a statement pieces, they are one of a kind design and due to nature of business exact replicas are not possible.
6. Environmentally friendly: - handmade leather goods are safe and green. It is not only for wallets but all the items which are made by hand could save more energy and give no harm to the environment. That’s the reason why these products are called environmentally-friendly ones. Mass production which then achieves more products in the same period of time requires less labour but consumes more energy. More than that, for buyers to take notice, handmade leather goods comes with more delicate stitches and details.
Apart from the obvious fact that a handmade leather goods are hand crafted, the very first difference that distinguish a handmade leather from mass produced it doesn't contain any dangerous substances detrimental to the environment or even users’ health, it is generally more environmentally-friendly and biodegradable. Those who are aware of harmful human’s impacts on earth always consider this reason as the first and foremost option.
7. Supporting craftsmanship and preserving traditional skills: - Leather crafting is one of the oldest trades around the world, sadly this trade is a dying one.
we are one of those who keep this craft alive and revived, and really proud of our achievements, but this can only be carried with selling our leather works. So buying from us you came your contribution to preserve traditional skills. We are really grateful to every customer who buys from us. All money are spent on bringing food to our table and carrying on with our craftsmanship journey.